In Memory of William J. Brown, VMD
Founder of Hickory Veterinary Hospital
William J. Brown, VMD was a graduate of the Wharton School class of 1934 and the University of Pennsylvania’s School of Veterinary Medicine in 1942. He first practiced veterinary medicine in the Mt Airy section of Philadelphia when he opened Mt Airy Veterinary Hospital. In 1956 he founded Hickory Veterinary Hospital at its present location, where it became one of the first in the Philadelphia area to meet the strict criteria for membership into the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). He was committed to providing excellent veterinary care for his patients; was a member of the AVMA and was one of the founders of the Suburban Veterinary Medical Association.
Dr. William Brown passed away on November 10, 1996 and is missed by family, friends and associates.