Our continued goal is to deliver the highest quality of veterinary medicine to our patients.
Hickory Veterinary Hospital was founded in 1956 as a team of professionals committed to excellence in animal care.
We are sensitive to the care and concern that each client brings to our hospital for his or her pet. We serve the needs of our clients and their pets with a competent staff, excellent equipment, 24-hour staffing, and continuous accessibility to our facility.
Communications among staff members and clients is important and vital to our ability to provide consistent care, and emphasizes our team approach to the practice of excellent veterinary medicine. Our staff meets regularly to discuss and implement new treatments, ideas, and procedures.
Our veterinarians and support personnel provide preventive health care and treatment of disease problems to our broad-based clientele.
Our specialists are ready to provide consultations and treatments for pets with more advanced and complex diseases. All services are available to our clientele as well as to all patients referred to us by our clients and veterinary associates.
With ever increasing changes in veterinary medicine, our goal is to assist our clients with all the advantages of a full service veterinary facility.
William J. Brown, VMD, a graduate of Wharton and a 1942 graduate of the University of Pennsylvania’s School of Veterinary Medicine, began his career in Mt. Airy, a northwestern part of the city of Philadelphia. His practice grew in stature in that area and was expanded to a second location in Plymouth Meeting, PA in 1956. He later sold the veterinary practice in Mt. Airy and relocated totally to the suburbs bringing about Hickory Veterinary Hospital.
Nancy O. Brown VMD purchased the practice in 1983 from the founder, her father, Dr. William J. Brown. That same year the specialty practice was established.
In February 2020 William J. Kay Jr., VMD, DACVIM (Neurology) and his wife, Tiffany Kay, VMD purchased the hospital from William’s mother, Dr. Nancy Brown. We are proud to say that Hickory Veterinary Hospital has been a family owned practice for now over 50 years and continues to offer a high standard of care and overwhelming compassion for its clients and patients.
Three Generations of Helping and Healing
Hickory Veterinary Hospital was founded in 1956 as a team of professionals committed to excellence in animal care. Our continued goal is to deliver the highest quality of veterinary medicine to our patients.